08 Feb Best Damn Cast Iron Steak
You want to cook the best damn cast iron steak your mouth can handle? Look no further. This is a recipe I’ve adapted and altered myself based on different cuts of meat but the basis remains the same. Cook your next steak using the Alton Brown cast iron steak recipe. It’ll create a nice seared outside and an extremely juicy and delicious inside.
Alton Brown’s Pan Seared Steak
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 1/2 inch thick rib eye or New York strip steak
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Take your steak out of the refrigerate and let it warm to room temperature (3o min. before cooking).
- Place cast iron pan in oven and heat to 500 ºF.
- When oven reaches temperature, take pan out and put it on the stove over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat steak in oil on all sides, adding a bit of salt and pepper.
- Place steak on hot dry skillet for 30 seconds.
- Flip steak for another 30 seconds.
- Place entire pan in oven for 2 minutes.
- Flip steak for another 2 minutes.
- Take out of oven and enjoy the best damn cast iron steak.
These directions will create a crispy seared outer layer and deliciously juicy middle on your steak. If you like your steak cooked more than medium-rare, then add an extra minute on either side when you stick it in the oven. After learning this method, I can almost guarantee you’ll throw out your old steak recipe.